Bloomsday a race of wits for Corporate Cup teams | Bloomsday
For Bloomsday Corporate Cup teams, winning the footrace includes more than just crossing the finish line first. For the 350 teams competing for this year’s Corporate Cup title , Bloomsday is as much a road race as it is a race of wits.
Bloomsday has announced 23 finalists for this year’s top team names. Here’s more on the Corporate Cup team name race from Bloomsday:
From a pool of over 350 teams, 23 have been selected for their creativity and witty wordplay. From puns that reflect a company’s business to references to popular culture, the list extends from Fairchild 141st Air Refueling Wing’s “Pass N’ Gas” to Zag Dining Marketing’s pithy “Ketchup.”
“This year our teams came up with a slew of amusing names,” remarked Corporate Cup Director Carol Hunter. “We always get some great ones, but this year our panel of judges had an especially challenging time
whittling down the pool to twenty-three finalists.”
The battle for the top team name is almost as competitive as the actual race itself, and the prizes are just as coveted. The first, second, and third place winners will be announced after Bloomsday in the Souvenir
Results Booklet distributed by The Inlander, and the first place team will receive a plaque and will be honored guests at the annual awards luncheon. Last year’s winner was First Hair Etc.’s “Cut to the Chase,” which beat out Newport Sullivan Lake Ranger District’s “A Forest to be Reckoned With” (second place) and Law Firm Eymann Allison Hunter Jones’s “The Sequestrians” (third place).
2014 Best Team Name Finalists
- 141st Air Refueling Wing - Pass N’ Gas
- Bonner General Hospital - Dude Runs With the Ladies
- CD’A Metals - Iron Hearts
- Drywall Specialties Inc. - Smooth Finishers
- Franz - Run Your Buns Off
- Gonzaga U. English Department - Pair O’ Thighs Lost
- Hair Etc. - Bob-N-Weave
- Hart Capital Management - Running With the Bulls
- Inland Empire Paper Company - Pulp Fiction
- James Hoppe DDS - Don’t Follow Us We’re Flossed
- Life Center Northwest - You Gotta Be Kidney Me
- Machinists Union - IAM Fast
- Mischke Drywall - Three Sheets to the Win
- Premera Blue Cross - Running’ Til We’re Blue
- Spokane Public Schools - No Teacher Left Behind
- Spokane Symphony - What Does the Fox Say?
- Spokane Transit Authority - Catch That Bus
- Sterling Bank - I Thought This Was a 5K
- The Native Project - HashtagHopeWeFinish
- The Spokesman-Review - News Travels Fast
- Van Gogh and Merlot - Dude, Where Did My Van Gogh?
- Winston & Cashatt, Lawyers - Ambulance Catchers
- Zag Dining Marketing - Ketchup