Nominations open for Chase Youth Awards | Community Spirit
Each year the Chase Youth Commission honors young people who are making a difference in the Spokane area. Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Chase Youth Awards.
This year students can be nominated for one of seven categories in six divisions. Divisions include individual elementary, individual middle, individual teen, elementary school group, middle school group and teen group. There is also a Chase Youth Award that honors an adult who is making an impact in the lives of local youth.
The 2014 Chase Youth Award Categories:
- Arts & Creativity – Enriching others through imaginative skills and originality in such activities as acting, dance, music, visual arts, or writing.
- Community Involvement – Volunteering to meet a need in the community through action, education, advocacy, or service.
- Courage – Standing up for beliefs, values, and personal integrity and taking action during challenging circumstances to make a difference.
- Cultural Awareness – Valuing cultural and/or social diversity through action, lifestyle awareness or education.
- Environment – Demonstrating leadership and commitment to heighten awareness about environmental issues and promote actions that lead toward sustainability.
- Leadership – Demonstrating the ability to lead others toward a positive goal.
- Personal Achievement – Overcoming obstacles or personal challenges through initiative and determination.
- Jim Chase “Asset Builder” Adult – An outstanding adult who has gone above and beyond in bettering the lives of youth in our community through asset building.
If you know an individual or group that deserves to be recognized for their outstanding contributions you can nominate them by clicking HERE. The Chase Youth Awards will be held at the Fox Theater on Thursday, March 6th, 2014.