Spokane Police hosting trick-or-treat stations | Events
From the Spokane Police Department:
In an effort to help keep kids safe while trick-or-treating, the Spokane Police Department is hosting trick-or-treat stations at three locations throughout the City of Spokane. Officers will be handing out candy, trick-or-treat bags, stickers, and safety flyers from 4:00 - 7:00 pm on October 31st at SPD’s Downtown Precinct (721 W. Riverside), River Park Square (808 W. Main), and NorthTown Mall (4700 N. Division).
Spokane Police officers will also be visiting Halloween events at Sacred Heart Medical Center, Deaconess Hospital, Shriners Hospital, St. Anne’s Children’s and Family Center, and Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery, handing out special treats to those children who aren’t able to make it out for Halloween this year.
While trick-or-treating please remember the following safety tips:
- Use reflective tape on costumes to be more visible to passing motorists
- If your children are wearing a mask, make sure they are able to see properly through the eye holes
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to be more visible to passing motorists
- Look both ways before crossing a street and use crosswalks
- Walk on sidewalks
- Examine all candy and treats for choking hazards before eating
Spokane Police Department would like to thank ADT for their donation of Halloween trick-or-treat bags and safety flyers.