Close WA governor's race may take days to decide | News
Most of the country will know who won major races Tuesday night, but Washington residents may not know for several days who their next governor will be.
Both Republican Rob McKenna and Democrat Jay Inslee expect their contest to be decided in the ballots that remain to be counted after election day.
McKenna told KOMO Radio he thinks only 50 to 60 percent of the vote will be tabulated Tuesday night and he expects to wait until Friday or maybe next week to learn the outcome.
Inslee told KOMO he doesn't mind waiting and feels positive whether it's Tuesday night, Thursday or next week.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Spokane
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Neighbors bust would-be car thief painting stolen Acura with squeegee
- Students to compete in Citizenship Tournament finals
- Neighbors face off over transitional housing
- Westview residents shocked when halfway house moves into neighborhood
- Robbery suspect claims innocence after being implicated by other suspects